Choices Clinic (9 weeks pregnant or under)
If you are considering an Early Medical Abortion with CHOICES Clinic, call (01482) 336338 to self-refer, or visit Conifer at Wilberforce Health Centre to complete a simple referral form.
Referrals can also be made through your GP or another doctor at your GP practice.
We offer medical termination by tablets. You can plan to take the medication in the clinic and stay in the clinic or go home to pass the pregnancy. Alternatively you can also now have the medication posted out to your home or an alternative address. It will be sent in plain packaging and is tracked for peace of mind.
- After your referral, you will be contacted by a Pregnancy Advisory Nurse. You will be able to discuss your options and you may need to have an ultrasound scan.
- Our counselling service is available to you at any point. The nurses will arrange this for you. We encourage counselling support and you can click here for information
- You will be assessed for sexually transmitted infection risk and may be encouraged to have a sexual health screen to avoid complications.
- We will discuss and provide methods of contraception for after the procedure.
- If you have been a victim of assault we can arrange contact with police services if you wish. For more information Information on help centres please click Sexual abuse support
- If you have been a victim of domestic violence we can arrange specialist support. For information on national help centres click Getting help for domestic violence
- We can make arrangements for interpreters and those with additional requirements
If you have a significant medical problem, your nurse will arrange contact with a senior clinician to tailor your care. This may influence the methods of termination available to you.