If you have been sexually assaulted you can attend either:
- Hull Sexual Assault Referral Centre at 810a Hessle Road, Hull HU4 6RD, tel. 0330 2231617 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Your local Conifer clinic
- Book an appointment: call 01482 247111
You will be fast-tracked through to the clinic.
Please tell us if you would prefer to see a male or female healthcare worker.
What to expect:
A nurse or health adviser will see you first and help you decide what you need.
This is the help you might need, all done confidentially:
- Emotional support
- Assessment including an intimate examination
- Help in accessing a victim support service, including Hull Rape Crisis
Healthcare for sexual assault, including:
- Emergency contraception
- HIV testing
- Baseline testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) on the day first seen in the clinic, as well as follow-up testing
- Antibiotic treatment to prevent STIs developing
- Treatment if an STI is found
- Post-exposure prophylaxis against HIV infection (PEPSE)
- Hepatitis B vaccination – active and/or passive immunisation
- Child protection
- Pregnancy testing
We can also support you to access the help of Humberside Police Public Protection unit, if wanted. This might also involve other support services such as the local Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC), including forensic medical examiners, access to justice, victim support, witness support and domestic violence prevention.
Support for victims of sexual assault
Local information on local help centres please click here.
For information on national help centres click here.